1. ORDERS ARE RECEIVED
Orders arrive to our Order Entry Department. There it is entered into our system.
2. ORDERS ARE VERIFIED
The representative will verify the delivery method with the customer and request plans.
3. PROCESSING ORDERS
The request will be processed by our Engineering Department.
4. PLANS ARE SENT OUT
ONCE ACCEPTED BY THE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, plans will be sent out.
5. PERMIT APPROVAL
Customer will present plans to their local Building Department to obtain a permit.
- For most carports, you will need a permit. Your carport can be installed without a permit, but in the event your local building codes have an issue with your building, Norcal Carports nor its manufacturers are responsible for taking down or removing the carport.
- Any carport that is attached to your home will require a permit, as well as any carport that is more than 200 square feet. California also has specific requirements for carports that are being built in areas that experience high snowfall. If you are planning to build a carport in an area that gets a lot of snow, you will need to get a permit from the local building department.
- In regions with snow, it is important to choose a carport with a vertical roof. If you’re looking for a roof that will stand the test of time, our vertical roof is the best option. It’s our strongest and most durable roof, and it’s designed to withstand even the most severe weather conditions. The standard vertical roof has a 30lb. ground snow-load and 25lb. snow load for the roof.
- To ensure that your carport can withstand heavy snowfall, you’ll need to add diagonal bracing, extra hat channels, and trusses. These additional supports will help to distribute the weight of the snow more evenly, preventing your carport from collapsing under the strain.
- To get a building permit in Sacramento, you must first submit an application to the city. Once your application has been approved, you will need to submit a set of construction plans to the city for review. Once your plans have been approved, you will be issued a building permit.
- Our manufacturers supply generic plans but for advanced plans and calculations there will be an additional charge. The plans and calcs can vary in-between $1,000 and up according to the size and detail of your structure.
- There are several different types of metal carports that you can buy from Norcal Carports. You can choose from a variety of different sizes, colors and styles to find the perfect carport for your needs.